Login | FAQ's | RSS | Site Map | عربي
Banner
Banner
Banner
Join Our Newsletter
Energy Saving Tips Print E-mail

Tips to help you

JEPCO is committed to protecting the interests of Jordanians by making positive changes to the province's electricity sector. These changes are aimed at making a conservation culture, while ensuring a reliable, sustainable and diverse supply of competitively priced power for the province. You'll be amazed how easy it is to save energy around your home –often without spending. Just follow the proven tips mentioned here, and you'll start saving money right away.That's money you can spend on something else, Start today, and see how much money you can save Warm to these cool tips to make a big impact on your energy bill.

Heating And Cooling Tips

  • Keep blinds, shades and drapes closed during the hottest part of the day in the summer. (And open southfacing blinds on sunny winter days!)
  • Use area rugs on cold floors – if your feet are cold, your body will feel cold
  • If you feel cool, put on a sweater rather than simply turning up the heater
  • To save more on central AC costs, try cooling your home to only 24 or 25 °C instead of the low 20's. Each degree below 26 °C will noticeably increase your electricity use
  • Turn off unnecessary lights in the house (they produce a lot of heat which works against the AC.)

Water Heater

  • Showers save hot water – a typical bath uses approximately 75 liters of hot water, while a 5-minute shower with an efficient showerhead will use about half of that
  • Be sure to use the vacation setting or turn off the water heater when you are out of town
  • Set the temperature for only as cold as you need check manufacturer's recommendations

Refrigeration Tips

  • Don't overfill the refrigerator, as this blocks air circulation. Conversely, a full freezer will perform better than an empty one
  • Check your refrigerator's door seal by closing the door. If it's held tightly in place, the seal's OK; if not, the door should be adjusted or the seal replaced
  • Clean your refrigerator's coils (back) and air intake grill (below the doors) every 3 months
  • Keep refrigerators and freezers out of direct sunlight, and allow at least 5 centimeters all around (or as recommended by the manufacturer) to allow heat to escape from the compressor and condensing coil
  • Allow hot foods to cool before putting them in the refrigerator. When using the stove, be sure to put lids on pots in order to keep the heat in the pot, which enables you to use lower heat settings

Computer And Electrical Appliances Tips

  • Less energy is consumed when computers and monitors are turned on and off (as often as required) than when left on over time. In fact, all electronic devices use more energy when left on, as opposed to being turned on and off as needed. Make sure you enable your computer's energy-saving features
  • Be sure to at least shut off the computer screen, as 60% of the power used by a computer is used by the monitor! (The other 40% is used to keep your hard drive spinning and to power the electronics.)
  • Unplug infrequently used TVs, as many continue to draw power even when turned off. Computers and related components use electricity even when they are not in use. Plug each computer component into a power bar that can be shut off, to avoid wasting electricity with the 'standby' power feature

Lighting Tips

  • Use compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost more than regular light bulbs but can use 75% less electricity and last years longer. One compact fluorescent bulb can save you three times its cost in electricity
  • For outside lighting, install a motion sensor that turns the lights on automatically when somebody walks by, then turns the lights off automatically after 1 to 5 minutes
  • Dimmer switches are not just a great way to set the mood, they're an inexpensive way to save energy. (Don't use with compact fluorescent bulbs.)
  • Turn off lights whenever you leave a room or don't need them, even for just a few minutes
  • Opening your blinds is a free way to brighten up a room
  • For any light that must be on all night (e.g., stairways), replace the bulbs with the lowest wattage bulbs that you're comfortable with or consider a compact fluorescent or a nightlight
  • Keep light fixtures clean – a cleaner bulb is a brighter bulb
 
 
About JEPCO
Corporate Values
History
Organizational Str.
Distribution Network
eServices

SMS
Email


Customer
Method of Payment
Payment Through Banks
Connection Service Requirements
Technical Services
Electric Service Application
E-Complain Procedure
Community
Board of Directors Report
Safety Tips
Conserve Energy


Business
View Current Tenders
Shareholders
Distribution of SEC Capital
Contact Us
JEPCO's Offices
JEPCO's Collection Departments
Copyright © 2011 JEPCO All Rights Reserved.
Developed by Yadonia Group