Login | FAQ's | RSS | Site Map | عربي
Banner
Banner
Banner
Join Our Newsletter
One and Half Million US Dollars Grant to Electricity power Sector from the USA Print E-mail

U.S. Trade and Development Agency has signed with Electricity Companies in Jordan three agreements for financing feasibility studies to upgrade electricity distribution systems of companies operating in Jordan for a total price of $ 1.56 million.

The Agreement was signed by Stuart Tones, the U.S. ambassador to Jordan on behalf of U.S. Trade & Development Agency; and Marwan Boshnag, Director General of Jordanian Electricity Company, Ahmed Thiyabat, Director General of Irbid Governorate Electricity Company and eng/Mohammad Freihat, Director General of Electricity Distribution Company.

The event was attended by several officials including Dr. Ahmed Hiyasat, Chairman of the Board of Electricity Sector Organization Commission and several members of the Board, Carl Chris, Regional Director for U.S. Trade and Development Agency in the Middle East, Africa and Europe and representatives of Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation.

In a press conference following the signing of the Agreement, ambassador Jones said that the grant expressed the commitment of the government of the U.S. and the private sector in Jordan to work together to upgrade and improve power infrastructure in Jordan and reduce dependence on imported power resources.
Mr. Chris said that the Agency was working with a large group of sectors and had made strong commitments in the last few years to support the development of power sector in Jordan. He added that the Agreements formed the sixth grant made by the Agency to the electricity power sector including the transfer and distribution of electricity in addition to generating solar power. Dr. Ahmed Hiyasat Chairman of Electricity Sector Organization Commission on his part stressed the importance of the feasibility studies to be financed under the Agreement for introducing smart systems and the role such systems will play in changing the quality and type of electrical system. According to a statement made by the two parties, the grant will cover 90 % of the value of each study while the remaining 10 % will be covered by the electricity distribution companies.

The study which is expected to be completed by the beginning of 2013 A.D is the first of its kind in electricity sector in Jordan. Its application will help increase the credibility, efficiency and integrity of electricity power system. It will further help keep power supply and reduce costs, power outages and power recovery time. The study will also enable the obtaining of accurate & real information on the electricity power system which will help in the conservation of electricity consumption and management of loads, especially during peak load periods.

 
 
About JEPCO
Corporate Values
History
Organizational Str.
Distribution Network
eServices

SMS
Email


Customer
Method of Payment
Payment Through Banks
Connection Service Requirements
Technical Services
Electric Service Application
E-Complain Procedure
Community
Board of Directors Report
Safety Tips
Conserve Energy


Business
View Current Tenders
Shareholders
Distribution of SEC Capital
Contact Us
JEPCO's Offices
JEPCO's Collection Departments
Copyright © 2011 JEPCO All Rights Reserved.
Developed by Yadonia Group